We kindly request that you refrain from contacting us by phone or email for pre-orders or stock reservations, as we are not currently accepting any. In the event that our stock becomes sold out again, please do not call or email for stock as it is consuming a significant amount of time from our daily operations. Thank you for your understanding.
Due to supply and demand issues and wholesaler price increases, the price of our products may fluctuate. However, we are committed to keeping costs low for our patients.
Stock Update: We regret to inform you that Saxenda is currently in short supply nationwide due to high demand. The manufacturers are rationing the stock.
We at The Family Chemist understand that maintaining a healthy weight is difficult to achieve. Saxenda can help patients loose on average 10% or more of their body weight. It is a once daily injection but proven to be more effective than any other diet medication. It is essential you use this with a balanced healthy diet and exercise plan.
We do understand that purchasing Saxenda can also be quite daunting so we are offering FREE video calls with our clinician for our patients so we can go over the dos and don’ts of Saxenda. We will also commit to contacting you regularly for FREE to ensure the medicines suit you and you are getting the results you want. Please contact us at [email protected] if you would like to arrange a FREE consultation over the phone or video.
Please Note: This item can only be delivered using next day delivery. Next day delivery ensures you receive your parcel into your hands instead of leaving it outside your door or behind a bin. Delivery must be accepted on the first delivery attempt to maintain the cold chain. This is a temperature-controlled item and will be sent with ice packs and a temperature-controlled pouch.
|Saxenda 6mg/ml Injecton|
|1 Pen||OUT OF STOCK|
|2 Pens||OUT OF STOCK|
|3 Pens||OUT OF STOCK|
|5 Pens||OUT OF STOCK|
|3 Pens, Needles and Sharps Bin||OUT OF STOCK|
|5 Pens, Needles and Sharps Bin||OUT OF STOCK|
|10 Pens, Needles and Sharps Bin||OUT OF STOCK|
|15 Pens, Needles, and Sharps Bin||OUT OF STOCK|
|GlucoRx Needles (100)||£4.95|
Frequently asked questions
Saxenda is a weight loss medicine. The active ingredient is liraglutide. Saxenda is administered under the skin (subcutaneously) and is injected using a short needle in places like the stomach, upper leg (thigh) or upper arm. Liraglutide is similar to a naturally occuraing hormone called glucagon like peptide 1 (GLP-1) this is released from the intestine after a meal.
Saxenda® is used for weight loss in addition to diet and exercise in adults aged 18 and above who have
- a BMI of 30 kg/m² or greater (obesity) or
- a BMI of 27 kg/m² and less than 30 kg/m² (overweight) and weight-related health problems (such as diabetes, high blood pressure, abnormal levels of fats in the blood or breathing problems during sleep called ‘obstructive sleep apnoea’).
You can work out your BMI using the following website: https://www.nhs.uk/live-well/healthy-weight/bmi-calculator/
You will need the following:
- A Saxenda pen which comes in a 3ml pre-filled pen.
- The needle. You can purchase these from The Family Chemist Checkout Page.
- A sharpsbin to dispose of your needles safely.
- A fridge. unfortunately we cannot provide these 🙂
- A calorie deficit diet
- An amazing lifestyle plan.
Saxenda® works by acting on receptors in the brain that control your appetite, causing you to feel fuller and less hungry. This may help you eat less food and reduce your body weight. GLP-1s have many other benefits including but not limited to decrease in blood pressure, glucose and cholesterol. A video all about Saxenda can be viewed here.
Saxenda comes in a 3ml prefilled pen. A small 4-6ml needle is attached to the pen. The needles are provided FREE of charge with every sale of Saxenda from The Family Chemist. You can also purchase extras from The Family Chemist Checkout Page. The fluid inside the pen should be clear and almost colourless. Saxenda Pens should be stored in the refrigerator at a temperature between 2 – 8 degrees. Once you start using a pen you can store the pen in room temperature (under 30 degrees) for one month or put it back in the refridgerator. Do not freeze the pen.
Saxenda® is given as an injection under the skin (subcutaneous injection) once daily. The best places to inject are the front of your waist (abdomen), the front of your thighs or your upper arm. Do not inject into a vein or muscle. You can use Saxenda® at any time of the day, with or without food and drink. Use Saxenda® at about the same time each day – choose a time of the day that works best for you
Saxenda has a 4 week dose escalation to reach the clinically efficacious 3mg dose. This is to reduce the risk of gastrointestinal symptoms such as nausea. The starting dose is 0.6mg per day for 1 week then you increase the dose by 0.6mg each week until the full maintenance dose of 3mg is reached. Once you reach the full maintenance dose keep using the dose until you achieve your desired weight loss targets. Do not increase your dose further. If you have intolerable side effects you should stay on the previous dose for a further 2 weeks. If the side effects do not improve then contact The Family Chemist Clinician or your doctor.
You can learn more about how to use Saxenda here.
Saxenda can be used for as long as you desire. To have a maximum benefit of Saxenda you should use treatment for at least 6 months. Normally patients have seen at least 5% loss of body weight within 12-16 weeks. Average weight loss is at around 8%. If you haven’t achieved at least 5% weight loss you should stop Saxenda and revisit your weight management plan or treatment options.
How long does a Sexanda Pen last?
Each Saxenda pen contains 18mg of liraglutide in 3ml of solution. As the maintenance dose of 3.0mg per day each pen will last six days. Five prefilled Saxenda Pens provide 30 days supply at maintenance dose.
What is the Complete pack?
In the Complete packs you can order either 3, 5, 10 pens alongside GlucoRx Care Point 31G 6mm Needles (100) and a 1L sharps bin.
Length of Treatment
First 4 weeks of treatment (Dose Titration)
First 4 weeks + 4 weeks of full dose
First 4 weeks + 12 weeks of full dose
6 days at full dose
Like all medicines, Saxenda can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them. The following side effects are reported:
Very common: may affect more than 1 in 10 people
- Feeling sick (nausea), being sick (vomiting), diarrhoea, constipation, headache – these usually go away after a few days or weeks.
Common: may affect up to 1 in 10 people
- Problems affecting the stomach and intestines, such as indigestion (dyspepsia), inflammation in the lining of the stomach (gastritis), stomach discomfort, upper stomach pain, heartburn, feeling bloated, wind (flatulence), belching and dry mouth
- Feeling weak or tired
- Changed sense of taste
- Difficulty sleeping (insomnia). This usually occurs the first 3 months of treatment
- Injection site reactions (such as bruising, pain, irritation, itching and rash)
- Low blood sugar (hypoglycaemia). The warnings of low blood sugar may come on suddenly and can include: cold sweat, cool pale skin, headache, fast heartbeat, feeling sick, feeling very hungry, changes in vision, feeling sleepy, feeling weak, being nervous, being anxious, confusion, difficulty concentrating and shaking (tremor). Your doctor will tell you how to treat low blood sugar and what to do if you notice these warning signs
- Increase of pancreatic enzymes, such as lipase and amylase.
The list above isn’t exhaustive. If you experience serious side effects like a severe allergic reaction or severe and persistent pain in the abdomen which might reach through to your back, as well as nausea and vomiting then you stop using Saxenda and contact your doctor immediately.
Make sure you read the patient information leaflet for a full list of side effects, cautions and contraindications. You should only take Saxenda once you have understood all the warnings and precautions. If you are concerned discuss this with your doctor or The Family Chemist clinician.
Do not take Saxenda:
- if you are allergic to liraglutide or any of the other ingredients of this medicine
- If you have severe heart failure
- If you are over 75 years and older.
- If you have kidney disease or are on dialysis.
- If you have liver disease.
- If you have a severe stomach or gut problem which results in delayed stomach emptying (called gastroparesis) or if you have inflammatory bowel disease.
- treated with other products for weight management,
- with obesity secondary to endocrinological or eating disorders or to treatment with medicinal products that may cause weight gain.
There are various other precautions to consider. Please fill in the consultation correctly and fully so your prescriber from The Family Chemist can ensure the medicine is safe for you.
The Family Chemist prides itself as a competitively priced online pharmacy. We can reassure you as a healthcare provider that we are the lowest price in the market like for like. We offer a FREE weight management service alongside Saxenda to allow our patients to hit their healthy weight targets and set obtainable SMART goals. With this in mind The Family Chemist have made a decision not to offer voucher codes for Saxenda purchases.
We at The Family Chemist offer a FREE scheme called PenCycle, the pre-filled pen recycling initiative, brought to you by Novo Nordisk. We are asking for your help to return empty pens so we can recycle them.
These pens are made from high-quality, long-lasting materials that are too good to waste. By recycling them, we can help to give these materials new purpose.
If you use pre-filled Novo Nordisk pens, PenCycling could not be simpler, and is completely free of charge.
How can I PenCycle?
The Family Chemist sends out a PenCycle return box with every order. Use the PenCycle return box to send the empty pens back
- Remove the needle from your empty pen and dispose of it carefully in your normal way (do not put the needle in the PenCycle return box)
2. Drop your empty pen in your return box
3. When the return box is full, mail it back to NovoNordisk free of charge
Please always make sure your pen is empty before you drop it in the box.
Removing the needle from your empty pen before you drop your pen in the return box is really important – your pen cannot be recycled if the needle is still attached.
Your PenCycle return box can hold a maximum of 12 pens.
For more information please visit: https://www.pen-cycle.co.uk
Get your prescription medication in three easy steps. I know – Simple and hassle free. Go on give us a go. You won’t be disappointed.
Complete a free quick online questionnaire for the treatment selected
Choose your preferred prescription medication
Receive your medication discreetly on the next day from our UK registered pharmacy
Join our mailing list and you’ll get access to regular updates, promotions and offers