Buy Norethisterone online in the UK
At The Family Chemist, we understand that managing your menstrual cycle can be essential for various reasons, from travel plans to medical conditions. That’s why we offer Norethisterone, a versatile medication that can help regulate your periods when needed.
What is Norethisterone?
Norethisterone is a synthetic hormone that mimics the effects of progesterone, a natural hormone produced in the female body. It is commonly used to delay or regulate menstrual periods for specific purposes.
The benefits of Norethisterone
- Menstrual cycle control: Norethisterone can be used to postpone or reschedule your period, providing flexibility and convenience for special events, travel, or medical needs.
- Treatment for heavy periods: In some cases, Norethisterone may be prescribed to manage heavy menstrual bleeding (menorrhagia) by reducing the duration and flow of periods.
The brand supplied may vary. Please contact us if you require a specific brand.
IN STOCK ORDER NOW
Norethisterone is a synthetic progestogen which can safely allow you to delay your period for up to 17 days. During your period your body has a natural fall in its norethisterone which causes the shedding of your womb lining. Norethisterone keeps your progesterone levels up and therefore delays your period.
Norethisterone is a synthetic progesterone hormone. Periods are triggered every month by a drop in progesterone levels. Norethisterone keeps your progesterone levels high and helps delay your period.
Norethisterone is not only used to delay your period. Norethisterone has many uses in different strengths. It can be used for endometriosis, dysfunctional uterine bleeding or heavy irregular periods, dysmenorrhea and contraception. However, it is important to note that norethisterone for period delay should not be used for contraception. You should use another type of contraceptive when using Norethisterone 5mg Tablets for period delay.
Take 1 tablet 3 times a day, to be started 3 days before your expected period. Norethisterone should be taken for no longer than 20 days. Once you stop taking Norethisterone your period should occur within 2 to 3 days and your cycles should continue as usual after this.
Norethisterone 5mg tablets are normally 6.5mm in diameter, round, white and uncoated. You swallow the tablets whole. For period delay you take the 1 tablet 3 times a day, to be started 3 days before expected onset (menstruation occurs 2–3 days after stopping). If your period does not come back after 3 days take a pregnancy test or visit your doctor. Remember period delay tablets norethisterone does not act as a contraception and additional contraceptive methods must be used.
What if I forget to take my norethisterone tablet? Take it as soon as you remember and continue taking the other tablets at the normal time. However do not double up the dose if you remember on your next dose.
You may not experience any side effect at all however the most common side effects reported include nausea (feeling sick), breast tenderness
You must always only take norethisterone prescribed for yourself and always read the patient information leaflet before you take any medication. As with all medications there can be occasions where the treatment does not suit you. You must seek immediate medical attention if you suffer the following:
- Blood clot: any chest pain, pain in the legs, tenderness, SOB, palpitations or stroke like symptoms
- An allergic reaction after taking the tablet
- Migraines for the first time after taking the tablet
- Yellowing of the skin (jaundice)
Less serious side effects include:
- Menstrual cycle irregularities
- Breast tenderness
- Dizziness or feeling sick
- Changes in mood
If you are concerned or experience any of the side effects and would like to discuss your concerns, then feel free to ring our clinician who can give you evidence based advice.
There are some reviews available to view using drugs.com website. You may notice they call it norethindrone but we in the UK refer to the medication as norethisterone. You may also source some reviews from our Trustpilot webpage.
There can be occasions where the treatments don’t suit you. In this case we recommend you contact your GP or The Family Chemist clinician at your earliest opportunity for further advice.
Norethisterone for period delay should only be taken by women of child bearing age wishing to delay their periods for short periods of time (up to 17 days)
There are certain health conditions where norethisterone may not be suitable. These can be the following below:
- Patients experiencing any abnormal or undiagnosed vaginal bleeding (that is bleeding other than your period, such as bleeding in between periods or bleeding after sex)
- Allergic to norethisterone or its ingredients in the tablet
- Pregnant or trying to become pregnant
- History of heart attack or current angina
- Liver conditions
- Stroke, bloods clot in your legs or lungs, a heart attack or any other heart problem
- History of high blood pressure or are you on treatment for high blood pressure
- High cholesterol
- Sickle cell disease
- Any form of cancer
- A serious brain injury, been diagnosed with epilepsy or suffer from seizures
- Migraines or severe headaches
- Diabetes or abnormal blood sugar levels
- Any major surgery or have you had major surgery in the past three months
- Mobility issues
They may not be suitable and therefore it is important that your answer the healthcare questions accurately and honestly so the clinician can ensure the medication is safe for you.
Yes. In fact it is much simpler to purchase norethisterone online compared to visiting your GP and local pharmacy.
You will need a prescription to buy norethisterone however by using a registered and reputable online pharmacy like The Family Chemist, we can provide the prescription for free and only charge for the medicines and have it delivered to you in 24 hours.
Get your prescription medication in three easy steps. I know – Simple and hassle free. Go on give us a go. You won’t be disappointed.
Complete a free quick online questionnaire for the treatment selected
Choose your preferred prescription medication
Receive your medication discreetly on the next day from our UK registered pharmacy
Join our mailing list and you’ll get access to regular updates, promotions and offers